From: Ho Chi Minh City to Ho Chi Minh City
Number of Days: 9 Days
Accommodation: 8 nights in quality 3.5 - 4.5 star hotels
Price: $2,095 NZD per person (min of 3 pax), $2,448 NZD (2 pax), $696 NZD single supplement, $348 NZD forced single supplement
The cycling is superb, at any moment there are a multitude of unique sights to see & we have included many off-the-bike experiences for you to enjoy. Enjoy the trip in the company of your fully trained and experienced Vietnamese guides who will provide the local interpretation as well as looking after your every need.
- Take a boat trip to visit a floating village where people live above their fish farms
- Cycle alongside the Cambodian border where you will see Khmer people in their stilt houses alongside sugar palm trees
- Visit the famous Tay An pagoda & temples, the largest Smiling Buddha statue in South East Asia and Sam Mountain overlooking Cambodia
- Visit a local market in the company of your guides who will introduce you to an array of exotic foods and products
- Spend two rest days at the lovely Victoria Hotels on the banks of the Mekong River, with options for local cycle rides, exploring the towns in the company of your local guides, or relaxing by the pool and watching the fascinating river life pass before your eyes.
- Cycle past monkey bridges & alongside Xe-Loi, the unusual pedal-powered rickshaws unique to the Mekong
- Take an early morning boat trip to the vibrant Cai Rang floating market
- Ride past brilliant green rice paddies, endless canal networks & peaceful villages.
- Celebrate the end of your tour to live music & an Asian feast on an evening boat cruise on the Mekong River as it passes through Saigon
- Enjoy delicious meals, Vietnamese cuisine is world renowned with its combination of Western and Asian influences and we have carefully chosen restaurants with a high standard of hygiene.
DAY 1 HO CHI MINH CITY
DAY 2 HO CHI MINH TO LONG XUYEN
DAY 3 LONG XUYEN TO CHAU DOC
DAY 4 CHAU DOC
DAY 5 CAN THO TO HA TIEN
DAY 6 HA TIEN TO CAN THO
DAY 7 CAN THO
DAY 8 CAN THO TO HO CHI MINH
DAY 9 TOUR ENDS AFTER BREAKFAST
A typical day sees us cycling an easy 40 > 50 kms, with options for more distance for strong riders. By mid-afternoon we are enjoying the comfort of our luxurious lodgings or out exploring the local attractions in the company of your local guides. The local food is a highlight and you guides will introduce you to an array of great local dishes.