The first opportunity to "Join Me" is in Bali, on a trip starting on 17th August, and lasting nine days:
From: Denpasar to Denpasar
Number of Days: 9 days (6 days cycle)
Distance/Grade: Introductory to Moderate
Accommodation: 8 nights Hotel/Bungalow/Resort accommodation
Price: $2,896 NZD, Single Supplement $986 NZD
Discover Bali on a 9 day (6 days cycle) luxury cycle tour on quiet rural back roads and lanes, and discover a side of Bali rarely encountered by tourists. Be rewarded with breathtaking views of this unique volcanic landscape, vast rice terraces and water temples or take a refreshing plunge in the warm turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean.
Bali is an island where flat land is rare. Although there is an overall down-hill emphasis on all our rides, everyday includes some uphill sections, choose to take the challenge or catch a ride with our support vehicle which is never far away. This is an ideal holiday for active people of all ages who want to experience the island by bike but also have plenty of time to enjoy the beaches, explore artisan workshops, and discover the rich history and culture of Indonesia's 'Islands of Gods.'
- Explore Bali on cycle-friendly back roads and lanes
- Join a fisherman on his jukung and watch the sunrise from the ocean.
- Learn to cook a Balinese dish or raft the Ayung River.
- Take an early morning hike to the summit of Gunung Batu.
- Cycle through lush rice fields and artisan villages
- See a traditional dance performance.
- Visit a big local market of fresh fruit, vegetables and spices.
- Guided cycling from Bedugul, home to the most beautiful rice terraces in Bali and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Swim and snorkel in the warm turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean or cool down in the hotel pool.
- Enjoy delicious Balinese meals renowned for their fresh seafood, vegetables and fruit. We have selected restaurants with a high standard of Hygiene
Day 2: Cycle Batur, Crater Lake
Day 3: Climb Gunung Batur (optional) and cycle from Abang to Sidemen
Day 4: Cycle from Geriana to Amed
Day 5: Cycle fro Butus - Perasi Beach Transfer to Ubud
Day 6: Cooking or rafting and a cycle exploration of Ubud
Day 7: Ride from Bedugul to Jatiluwith
Day 8: Transfer south
Day 9: Depart Bali